Welcome to the year 2019, the first post of the year (or last post of the year) generally are places for retrospectives/forward looking visions. I shall keep to the form.
There are multiple things to be excited about this year, the following are what I a found most exciting
- . Simplified methods for integrating C with models: MATLAB and Simulink added new functionality to improve the integration of C code and Models, either by including code in the model (C-Caller block) or by simplifying the function interface definition.
- Projects, data dictionaries and testing: MathWorks continues to work on the integration between Simulink Projects and the supporting tool chain, these improvements coupled with version control software integration make the tool powerful for team based development
- String support: For better or for worse, strings are a part of control systems, after many years Simulink has native support.
Looking forward: 2019
- Machine learning: Ok, sure I just got started but already there are a number of interesting question (and lovely math) that I am enjoying.
- Systems of systems: The scope of Model-Based Design projects continues to expand, the analysis of system of systems is an area I’m excited to move into.
- Statistical validation: As our systems become more complex statistical analysis (DOE) becomes more and more important