For the last two years, I have written about Model-Based Design in the context of classical control algorithms and software verification processes. Over the next year, I am broadening the scope of this blog as I investigate how machine learning can be applied to MBD in the context of safety critical systems.
- What is the current state of the art in Machine learning?
- How can it be used for controls problems?
- When should it be used? When should it not be used?
- Where is it the only solution?
- What are building blocks of machine learning?
- Starting small, what are the easy things to do?
- Hitting the middle, what is a “real” project?
- Common “starting” pitfalls
- Testing and verification
- Can you do black box testing?
- How do you test an “open world” model?
So join me on this trip…
I will share my insights, my mistakes and look forward to hearing from you…